Monday, May 5, 2014

Week 5 through 13

I've been really bad at updating my blog and detailing the progress of baby, but I can assure you that all is well. The first trimester is almost over and thankfully! Weeks 5 through 10, I found myself battling nausea, exhaustion (I would take 3 hour naps almost daily - as well as 8 hours of sleep each night), and a complete lack of interest in food whatsoever. I didn't have a lot of vomiting - I only threw up once in a while at night after brushing my teeth. I would start eating something that my husband prepared (being pregnant had also made me very unwilling to even go near food) and I would just feel sick to my stomach and couldn't keep eating. It was also very difficult to get any liquids in my system just for the fact that everything tasted bad! I really couldn't drink tap water, and trying to flavor the tap water didn't help, so my husband and I finally settled on getting bottled water and flavored sparkling water. That has helped so much. However, during that time, I lost about 3 lbs.

Now, at week 13, I don't have as much problems with food tasting bad, although I have become a picky eater, but I can't get ENOUGH food! I'll eat, and then be hungry right after. Although I'll find something else to scarf down, the hunger usually remains and won't go away no matter how much I eat. I have not had so much exhaustion thankfully, and have found my energy levels returning to normal.

As far as baby's developments have gone, my baby's organs are fully formed and functioning! I went to my first prenatal visit a few weeks ago (week 8), and got to see the baby in an ultrasound. His/her little heart was beating so fast it amazed me how wonderful life is and how that little being was there inside of me growing. I have felt some small movements in my tummy - like a tiny little foot kicking me - and my husband and I are sure that it is baby moving around in there. He/she is only the size of a peach right now - 3 inches long - quite a development from week 5 where they were only the size of a lentil bean. Amazing how rapidly the baby grows!

The next big thing that we are looking forward to is the 20 week ultrasound so that we can find out if our baby is a little boy or girl. :) It can't come fast enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment