Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Week 38

Today I am 38 weeks and 4 days pregnant, so Ella could come at any time! (I know, I'm just horrible at blogging - I haven't updated this since June, but I can assure you that not a lot has happened since then!) However, I've had no signs of her coming yet - no contractions or anything. We are pretty excited and are ready for her to arrive! Her due date is November 8th, so we'll see how things go!

So far, everything has gone well with our pregnancy and my blood pressure and everything has been normal. I haven't felt bad at all and can usually go out and do the things that I want to do - for example, my husband and I went to a Homecoming dance for BYU while I was 37 weeks pregnant (when this picture was taken), and we went to a wedding on Friday for his aunt Rhonda and did a little bit of swing dancing and cha-cha-ing - I didn't feel like I couldn't do those things at all. A lot of the people around us were surprised to see a 38 week pregnant lady dancing around, but I guess I've just gotten lucky. The only problems I've had so far are pretty normal ones - if I walk too long, sometimes I'll feel like my bladder is about to explode, whether it is or not, depending on where Ella is positioned on me. My hips also used to hurt pretty bad when sleeping, but putting a pillow between my legs helps a lot and I haven't noticed the problem in a week or two.

One other thing, Ella LOVES to sleep on my right side! She never moves to the left of my body, which makes it convenient when I want to find her little feet (which are usually pushed into my side and which also hurts sometimes). I know that she is going to be very ticklish like her daddy, because any time Cameron and I touch her feet, she retracts them pretty quickly. :)

I feel very blessed to have had such an easy pregnancy, and I know that that is not normal for all women. In fact, I know many women who have had VERY difficult pregnancies and have just had a rough time all the way through. I have so much respect for women who have gone through those challenges and how they are willing to go through fire and brimstone for the sake of their child. I think that that demonstrates so much love and selflessness. I can only admire those women and do what I can to help support them during such a tough time.

I am very excited to meet little Ella Mae, although I am not sure how soon that that meeting will be. The next time you hear from me will probably be when she's entered this world! Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment