Saturday, January 31, 2015

Piano Facelift

I am so excited to finally be able to say that I am done with this project!  Someone at my church was giving away a free spinet piano,so my husband and I had to check it out.

 It had been horribly abused at one time - there was water damage all over every surface of the piano from condensation from drinks being left on the piano, the veneer was peeling, and there were scratches all over its surface.  However, the piano had a great sound to it and despite the keys being yellowed and chipped, they are still playable. I knew that it would be a lot of work to give this piano a facelift, but that it would be totally worth it.


I am so happy with how it turned out! Just check out the before and after pictures to see what kind of difference it made just to give this piano a fresh coat of paint and some TLC. I'll be posting the tutorial for this soon, so be sure to check back to see how you can give an old piano a facelift, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment